If your hard disk has bad sectors, you need to know the situation of your hard disk. If the disk is damaged bad enough you’d better replace the disk with a good one.
1. Choose the way that you want to use to check partition: Check Partition Properties, Call Windows Chkdsk to fix errors, Surface Test. Click OK.
2.Manually fix/repair bad sectors with Windows built-in bad sector repair tool
For Windows 10/8 users:
- Open This PC > Right-click on System drive and choose Properties.
- Go to Tools > Click Check.
- Under Error-checking, click on Check.
- Review the scan result > Click Scan and repair drive.
- Choose when to repair the file system.
- Wait for Windows 10/8 scan and repair the hard drive bad sectors.
Fix bad sector in Windows 7:
- Open Computer > Right-click the hard drive you want to check for bad sectors and select Properties.
- In Properties window, click Tools > Check now in the Error-checking section.
- Click Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors > Click Start.
- Review the check disk report.
How to Repair a Bad Sector in Windows XP?
- Close all programs and files > Open My Computer;
- Choose a hard drive and right-click on it > Select Properties;
- Click Tools under Properties > Click Check Now in Error-checking section;
- Choose Check Disk options to check and repair bad sectors: Automatically fix file system errors and click Start;
- If an error message pops up, asking you if you’d like to schedule the disk check when you restart the computer, click Yes to restart the computer and repair bad sectors;
- Review the check disk report: 0 means no errors were found, 1 means that errors were found and fixed.